Thursday, September 22, 2016

Annalisa Tornfelt's Fall Fiddle Class

Annalisa Tornfelt's Fall Fiddle Class

October and November 2016 beginning October 5
Wednesdays from 6:30-8:00PM
Location: Home of Annalisa Tornfelt
Email Annalisa for her address!  annalisatornfelt@gmail.com

Several people have asked me if I would offer a fiddle class and this is something I have always wanted to do. My goal is to offer a closer look at the specific techniques for fiddle in a way that is continuous, gradually progressive and builds on skills from the ground up.

The classes will be Wednesday nights at my home. If you can’t make all of them, it’s no problem. Each session will highlight certain techniques (see the list below for specifics) and tie those techniques to the Taborgrass songs and tunes.

Fall Fiddle dates are: 10/5, 10/12, 10/19, 10/26, 11/2, 11/9, 11/16, 11/30 

Focusing on techniques to be able to:

  • sound more bluegrassy (Tone Production)
  • play backup (Double stops & Fills)
  • apply scales to improvising a solo (Scales & Why?)
  • play a bluegrassy break to a song (Specific Licks & Embellishments)
  • start and end a song (Kickoffs, Endings and How to Find Them)

The fee per session will be sliding, depending on how many people attend. If 5-7people come, it will be $20each, if 8-10 come, it will be $15, and if 11-15 come, it will be $10.  Email me if you are coming and when you show up, pay the appropriate fee. If I know how many are coming before each session, I will let you know the fee.

Please share this info with friends! Thank you!