Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Taborgrass Classes Are Cancelled Until Further Notice


I encourage all students to keep practicing your music.

Here are the lists of songs and tunes that we have learned this year for you to keep working on.  Remember that the goal is getting away from reading the music and memorizing tunes and lyrics of your favorites.  Speed is not priority.  Accuracy and proper technique IS…..Remember your down-ups.  Remember good posture.

First Year Class
  • Boil Them Cabbage Down
  • You Are My Sunshine
  • Cripple Creek
  • Will The Circle Be Unbroken
  • Soldier’s Joy
  • Bury Me Beneath The Willow
  • Old Joe Clark
  • I’ll Fly Away
  • Liberty
  • I Saw The Light
  • Red Haired Boy
  • Angel Band
  • St. Anne’s Reel
  • Nine Pound Hammer
  • Cherokee Shuffle
  • Long Journey Home


Second Year Class
  • Old Home Place
  • Whiskey Before Breakfast
  • Meet Me By The Moonlight
  • Clinch Mountain Backstep
  • Wayfaring Stranger
  • Billy In The Lowground
  • Shady Grove
  • Dixie Hoedown
  • Roll In My Sweet Baby’s Arms
  • Salt Creek
  • Lamp Lighting Time In The Valley
  • Gold Rush
  • Bluebirds Are Singing For Me
  • Blackberry Blossom
  • Love Of The Mountains
  • Bill Cheatum

I miss everyone.  Stay home, be safe.  I’ll be in touch.  Thanks!  Greg.